Believe it or not, I’m not 100% positive about the media I consume. I’ve been accused of this, but really it’s just that I’d rather talk about something I enjoyed. But just because I want to show that yes, there are some things I hate, here we go.
- “Ice Ice Baby ” by Vanilla Ice. Vanilla Ice was a thief who tried to claim David Bowie and Queen’s “Under Pressure” riff that he used for “Ice Ice Baby” was all his own. What makes this even more annoying is it was the first rap song to hit #1. Why couldn’t that honor have gone to someone with actual talent?
- Super Milk-Chan. This anime series aired on Adult Swim and stars Milk-Chan, a lazy crimefighter with an annoying nasally voice. I watched a few episodes and was sure I could hear my brain cells crying in agony.
- I Am Sam. This movie stars Sean Penn as an intellectually disabled man who is in danger of losing his daughter because the state doesn’t think he can raise a child after her mother dumps her on his lap. It’s another one of those awful stories that want you to think disabled people can’t lead productive lives.
- Batman: The Killing Joke. Now, let me make this clear. I’m not referring to the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland. That’s excellent. No, I’m speaking of the animated movie that started with an unnecessary and unwanted sex scene between Batman and Barbara Gordon.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. This miserable story about an autistic boy who witnesses a dog being killed doesn’t deserve any of the praise it’s received. Many autistic people have come out against the book because it’s not a positive portrayal of autism, and it was based on stereotypes rather than actual research.
- Anything by Ted Nugent. This talentless hack only has fans because these morons agree with his views and want to “own the libs”. He’s even pushed fake cures for COVID!
- Anything by Kid Rock. I can say the same thing about Kid Rock that I can about Ted Nugent.
- The God’s Not Dead movies. I’ve covered my stance on this right -wing propaganda masquerading as a Christian movie series on this blog. Christians are not being persecuted in America! The GOP are not your saviors! Don’t think I didn’t notice that not a single movie was made during Trump’s tenure, and now that we’ve committed the “sin” of electing another Democrat, another movie was released last year. Oh, that review is coming!
- Left Behind. This 12-book post-apocalyptic series is based on Rapture theology and anti-Catholicism. I could get into the bad theology behind both of these, but that’s for someone more qualified.
- Teen Titans Go! This cartoon is an insult to fans of the comics and the original cartoon. It’s as if Cartoon Network made the cartoon to insult people who don’t like the way the network is run these days. Look, I know cable networks change. But don’t insult people like this.
There, that should prove that I’m not like that kid from the Life cereal commercials. (Although I do like that cereal. 😏)