Infinite reached #105 on the Billboard Albums Chart and 6 in the UK. It had 4 singles( “Time For Bedlam”, “All I Got is You”, “Johnny’s Band”, and “The Surprising” )
Ian Gillan: vocals
Steve Morse: guitar
Roger Glover: bass
Don Airey: keyboards
Ian Paice: drums
- “Time For Bedlam “: The first single is an impressive opener. I’m becoming more tolerant of Gillan’s changes in his voice due to his age.
- ” Hip Boots”: A dirty tune (and not just because of the cursing) with a good bass and some excellent guitar riffs. One of my favorite songs from the album.
- “All I Got Is You”: A great rocker, and some excellent drumming from Paice.
- ” One Night in Vegas”: Airey sounds great on this.
- “Get Me Out of Here”: This one’s not bad, and it has a fun sound to it.
- ” The Surprising “: This song took more than one listen, but I liked it.
- ” Johnny’s Band”: A nice cool rhythm for this one.
- “On Top of the World” : More sneering vocals from Gillan and solid guitar work.
- “Birds of Prey “: Another favorite, with one of the best solos.
- ” Roadhouse Blues”: I didn’t much care for this cover. But Steve d does have a good solo, and Airey seems up to the challenge of the original.
Final Verdict: The best offering from this iteration of the band so far.