Now What?! was released in 2013. It had 5 singles and received positive reviews from various sites. It was the first Deep Purple album since 1993’s The Battle Rages On to enter the UK Top 40.
Ian Gillan: vocals
Steve Morse: guitar
Roger Glover: bass
Ian Paice: drums, percussion
- “A Simple Song”: Pretty good way to start. This sounds like a great overture.
- ” Weirdistan “: This song rocks! Steve and Roger play some good licks.
- “Out of Hand”: Gillan may be showing his age, but he doesn’t sound bad. Some good rhythm too.
- ” Hell to Pay”: This is a decent rocker with a good keyboard session.
- “Body Line”: I didn’t like this one much.
- ” Above and Beyond “: One of the best songs on the album.
- ” Blood From a Stone”: This one was pretty good. Loved the guitar effects.
- “Uncommon Man”: Both this and “Above and Beyond” are dedicated to Jon Lord, and Airey has a cool fanfare that was inspired by “Fanfare For the Common Man” .
- “Après Vous”: Some good rhythm on this one.
- ” All the Time in the World”: A pretty decent single.
- “Vincent Price”: An excellent tribute to the horror movie icon.
Final Verdict: Overall, a good album, but not the best.