This month for my “One Faith, Many Paths” project, I decided to interview one of the members of my Autistic Christians group on FB. Here’s Trevor Gawthorne from Down Under!
1. How old were you when you became Christian? When I was 16. I got bullied a lot over it.
2. What was your childhood like? It was all right. Most of it was decent. Eight years old was the last time I remember it being good.
3.When were you diagnosed with autism? Did you receive any help? I was diagnosed at 6 with autism and ADHD.
4. What is your current job? Unemployed.
5. What is your denomination? None. I consider myself non-denominational.
6. What is your favorite bible verse and why? Proverbs 29:11. It says I can show wisdom for my age and be resilient to anger.
7. Who is your favorite biblical figure besides Jesus? Job. He never gave up on God even though it seemed like he would.
8. Who inspires you to be a better person? John Lennox.